• How can I check the availability of the accommodation?
Go simply to www.flyhomesicily.com and visit the webpage, fill in the form with the arrival and departure dates and the number of guests you wish to book for and press “search” (pay attention in case you find a restriction referred to the minimum stay or the arrival/departure day). If you have problems or doubts you can e-mail us to: email@example.com or phone us: +39 334 1736218.
• How can I make a reservation?
- Visit our homepage and fill in the form with the arrival and departure dates and the number of guests you wish to book for and press search (pay attention in case you find a restriction referred to the minimum stay or the arrival/departure day).
- You get all the available options
- Choose the accommodation that better suits your wishes and press “book now”.
- Fill in all the required information
- Send the advance payment (30%) using paypal.com;
- You’ll immediately receive our confirmation that the payment has been successfully received together with the confirmation voucher with all the necessary information about the booking. We suggest you to print the voucher, to show it upon arrival.
Request for availability, quotation and booking:
If you do not want to book on-line and/or you want some more details, you can check the availability of the accommodation on our website and then contact us. You can reach us by email, writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone, calling +39 344 1736218 (from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.).
If you look for a customized quotation we shortly send our best offer. In case you accept it, we’ll ask you to fill in a reservation form and send us a 30% advance payment via transfer or credit card. In case you pay via transfer the accommodation will be optioned for maximum 5 working days from the day you get our bank details. The reservation is confirmed as we receive the advance payment and send you the confirmation voucher with all the necessary information about the booking. We suggest you to print the voucher, to show it upon arrival.
Only the number of guests booked is allowed to stay in the reserved accommodation.
• How do I settle the payment?
The reservation can be paid by bank transfer or paypal. We will provide you all the details.
• I have booked for 4: are another 2 of us allowed?
For your safety, we do not allow to stay in the accommodations more than the booked number of guests. Any changes must be previously emailed to us and confirmed.
• Which is the minimum-stay?
We do usually consider a minimum stay of 7 nights. In high season a stay of at least 7 nights is required.
• Is there a visitor’s tax?
Yes. In Ragusa there is a visitor’s tax of € 0,75 per person per day for adults over 14, up to a maximum of 15 days.
• Can I book the villas and the apartments all year round?
Yes. We are at your disposal 12 months a year.
• What services are included in your offer?
bed linen, blankets and towels upon arrival
kitchen equipment (pots, pans, dishes,….)
in the kitchen: extravergin oil of olive, vinegar, salt, sugar, coffee, water.
utilities (water, electricity, gas)
weekly cleaning of the accommodation (for stays of at least 7 nights)
weekly bed linen and towels change (for stays of at least 7 nights)
Included but upon request
crossbar for children bed
shopping delivery upon arrival (only what’s on the bill will be refunded)
• How can I reach the villas or the apartments?
Visiting the webpage of the booked lodging, you’ll find the GPS data and the map of google to easily organize your route home.
• Who can I contact before arrival, in case of need?
On our confirmation voucher you’ll find our welcome manager’s phone number. He will be on your side before arriving and will assist you during your stay.
• Shall I inform you of my time of arrival to the accommodation?
Yes, please. In order to allow us to welcome you at the best, we would be most grateful if you could confirm the estimated check-in time, so that we can ensure our welcome manager will be at the villa or at the holiday house to welcome you at an agreed time.
• What time can I check-in?
The check-in time is between 4.00 p.m. and 7.00 p.m. from the first day of your stay.
• Do you foresee a late check-in?
Usually we don’t. If it is the case, please call the phone number you have on your confirmation voucher or e-mail us. For arrivals between 7 and 9 p.m. there will be an additional charge of Euro 30, which will be of Euro 50 if you arrive later than 9 p.m.
• If I come on Sunday or too late and the shops are closed, is it possible to find some shopping at home?
Of course. Let us know in advance if you think you won't have time to buy food for your first meal. We are pleased to go shopping on your behalf and let you find it at home when you arrive. You will be asked to simply reimburse the amount of the invoice plus 15 Euro for the service.
• Are animals admitted?
Generally yes. Anyway it is better to inform us in advance and ask in case there is a little extra charge to be paied.
• Do I have a car park?
In the villas there are parking areas if not even a garage (in Afrodite). As regards the apartments by the sea, you can easily park on the streets nearby.
• What happens if I cancel my reservation?
In case of cancellation at least 60 days before arrival, we’ll withhold
only the 10% of the total amount of your booking and we'll refund your
advance payment. If you cancel from 59 days before the date of arrival,
we’ll withhold the advance payment. In case of no-show and without any
previous written information, you’ll be asked to pay for the whole
Only written cancellations will be considered.
• Do you require a deposit upon arrival?
A 400 Euros deposit will be required upon arrival to the Villas, while a 200 Euros one for the apartments. It will be returned before departure after a common check of the accommodation.
While on holiday…..
• Who do I contact if I have a problem?
Our welcome manager, whose phone number you find on the confirmation voucher, is available 24/7 to assist and help you ensuring a pleasant holiday.
• What should I do if I cause damage to the house?
We ask you to inform us by phone, in case you need our presence. Otherwise you’ll show the damage to our welcome manager before leaving and he’ll withhold from the deposit the amount necessary for the repair or the replacement.
• How often are sheets and towels changed?
Generally once a week. You may request an extra change during the week, for which there will be a small charge.
By the check out
• When do I have to check out by?
Check-out is within 10.00.
• Which are the closest airports?
At the moment the closest airports are Catania Fontanarossa International Airport and Comiso Vincenzo Magliocco airport. Other airports in Sicily are the Palermo Falcone and Borsellino airport and the Trapani Birgi airport..
• Can I use public transports to reach the house?
If you come from Catania airport, have a look at http://www.interbus.it. If you are landing in Comiso search for http://www.interbus.it. If it’s not the case or if you’ve booked an accommodation not in Marina di Ragusa, we suggest you to rent a car at the airport http://www.interbus.it. where you’ll find a wide choice. Have a look at our “how to reach us” (link interno) webpage for more details.
• What amenities do I find in the house?
All our holiday rentals are provided with: cooker, fridge, freezer, oven, washing machine, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, dishwasher (not present in Icaro at the moment), TV, WI-FI (in the villas only at the moment). For more detailed information, we invite you to visit the advert of the accommodation you’ve booked.
• Do I have internet access?
Yes. You have a free WI-FI internet access. Ask us for the password.
• What do you suggest I do visit in Ragusa and surroundings during my holiday?
To fully enjoy your holiday in Sicily do not miss out:
1. to visit the late-baroque towns of Ragusa Ibla, Modica, Scicli e Noto, listed in UNESCO world heritage since 2002;
2. to discover the sets of famous movies like “The leopard” by Luchino Visconti (filmed inside Donnafugata castle), “The Star Marker” by Giuseppe Tornatore or the more recent “ Inspector Montalbano” (filmed also in Sampieri by the brick kiln Penna, in Scicli, Modica, Punta Secca and Ragusa Ibla);
3. to wander around the 5 Ragusa’s natural preserves: “ Pino d’Aleppo”, “Fiume Irminio”, “Cava Randello”, “Pantani”, “Calaforno”;
4. to experience how to pass, within 15 minutes drive, from the Hyblean Mountains (600 m.s.l. ) spotted with horses and cows quietly grazing, to the gentle slopes jazzed up by carob and olive trees and reach the 50 km long Mediterranean coastline, made of sandy beaches and romantic cliffs;
5. to book a wine, a cheese, an oil or a chocolate tasting directly by the producer.
• What shouldn’t I miss tasting?
From the starters to the desserts, passing by fish or meat courses and not forgetting wines, you’ll be more than surprised and satisfied by the Sicilian typical cuisine. Let us mention only some special savoury Sicilian specialties: "scacce”, “‘mpanate”, “U tianu”, “caponata” or the homemade pasta with broad bean purée or pork sauce. Sweets lovers will be spoiled for choice: “cannoli”, “teste di turco”, “cassata di ricotta”, “pagnuccata”, “cuddureddi”, “mostarda”, “cioccolata modicana”… and we’d better stop here. In a real Sicilian meal you cannot miss to sip a glass of Sicilian wine. Sicilian wines are mainly red; among them the “Cerasuolo di Vittoria”, the “Frappato” and the “Nero d’Avola”.